Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentining!

Growing up Valentines Day was a pretty fun holiday.  I remember taking my little Valentine cards and candy to school to pass out to my classmates carefully placing it in their giant handmade paper heart envelope.  Then painstakingly and awkwardly accompanying some little boy to the library for the "Valentines Tea" where we were served a cookie and some punch. 

Oh those were the days...

Turns out the Husbands family has a great tradition on Valentines Day called Valentining!  First you get a great prize (or two or three) then you sneak to the house of the one you love drop it at the door, knock and run.  Needless to say #1 daughter was going out of her mind with excitement running from the front door to the back door collecting prizes all day long!  When we tried to get Grandma back at her house we were busted hiding behind the tree because she could hear laughter.  And due to unplanned but good timing Baby Girl and Boy even received a prize from Russia!  Next year I encourage all of you to try Valentining!  It was a great day, thank you for all the fun!

Thanks, Love ya


2 comments:

Olivia Bolivia said...

I still have daughter #1 valentine from last year on my fridge! She looks for it every time she comes over.

Emily Spencer said...

Yes, she tells me about it after she visits you!